It’s Monday and that means we have a new episode of Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book.
This week’s episode covers chapter six of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, “The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.” Harry travels to King’s Cross station where he meets the Weasleys and befriends their youngest son, Ron, aboard the Hogwarts Express. On the train ride, we’re introduced to a heap of new characters, including Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy, among others.
We make a number of references to outside sources and pop culture in this episode, which are listed below:
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- Some Random Facts About The Weasley Family from J.K. Rowling’s Official Site
- Hermione Granger on J.K. Rowling’s Official Site (spoiler warning up to & including Goblet of Fire)
- NPR Radio interview with J.K. Rowling (Sean Bullard; 20 October 1999)
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (Published by Ballantine Books in 1953)
- My New School by Harry and the Potters
Our spell of the week for this episode is Colovaria, which Ron tries (and fails) to use aboard the Hogwarts Express.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to email@example.com correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, Tumblr, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via iTunes, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 1.07, “The Sorting Hat!” Have a magical day!