It’s Monday, which means a new episode of Podtrificus Totalus, Cedric Diggory’s favorite Harry Potter re-read podcast!
Picking up after Sirius Black attempted to break into the Gryffindor common room, the students are moved into the Great Hall for the night, where Harry overhears an interesting conversation. The next day, Lupin is out sick and Snape subs in for him, abusing students along the way. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff face off in a Quidditch match with disastrous results, and a beloved companion leaves us forever.
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- J.K. Rowling’s World Book Day Chat (4 March 2004)
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- Argyllshire on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- Cedric Diggory on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
- The Impervius Charm on the Harry Potter Wiki
Our Spell of the Week this week is the Impervius Charm, which Hermione uses to help Harry see through his wet glasses during the Quidditch match.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to [email protected] correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 3.10, “The Marauder’s Map!” Have a magical day!