Another Monday, another episode of Podtrificus Totalus, the best Harry Potter podcast in the known galaxy!
This week, we cover chapter seven of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which puzzles us with Shrinking Solutions and Boggarts. We face each of our worst fears to give you plenty of background knowledge, analysis, and discussion of the chapter.
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- Shrinking Solution on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- GadgetGirlKylie’s Wonderbook: Book of Potions Let’s Play on YouTube
- Tiny Hermione on Hark! A Vagrant
- Love Actually (2003)
- Waddiwasi on the Harry Potter Wiki
- Waddiwasi on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- Boggart on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- S01E03 of The X-Files, “Squeeze”
- Scholastic Interview with J.K. Rowling (16 October 2000)
- The Boggart-Banishing Spell on the Harry Potter Wiki
Our Spell of the Week for this episode is Riddikulus, which the third-year students use to banish the titular Boggart in the wardrobe.
We also reply to a thoughtful email on trauma in the Harry Potter books from regular listener and email writer Den.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to [email protected] correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 3.8, “Flight of the Fat Lady!” Have a magical day!