It’s Monday, and that means it’s time for another episode of Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book.
In this chapter, Harry continues to spend a painful summer with the Dursleys, with the notable inclusion of Vernon’s sister Marge. Harry struggles to maintain his cool as Marge berates him, with explosive results.
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl and the sequel, Goth Girl Rising, by Barry Lyga
- Junji Ito’s Cat Diary: Yon & Mu by Junji Ito
- “Death penalty in the UK suspended 50 years ago” from The Guardian
- Marge Dursley on Wizarding World
- “Harry Potter and the source of inspiration” from The Daily Telegraph (Danielle Demetriou; July 2000)
- Matilda by Roald Dahl and the 1996 film adaptation
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- The Inflatus Jinx on the Harry Potter Wiki
We encourage our listeners to send emails to [email protected] correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
You can hear more from our guest, Angel, on the Mysteries and Urban Legends Podcast. Follow the podcast on Twitter (@MaulPodcast) and Instagram (@maulpodcast), and check out Angel on Instagram as acute.angel.jpeg.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 3.3, “The Knight Bus!” Have a magical day!