It’s Monday, and that means it’s time to talk about yet another instance of J.K. Rowling doing the worst job she possibly can at representing diverse peoples!
In this chapter of Prisoner of Azkaban, Gryffindor plays Ravenclaw in Quidditch, and Harry finally gets to put the Firebolt to work. Harry and Ron consider forgiving Hermione, but a bloody mess on Ron’s sheets only serves to distance them further. Harry manages to conjure a Patronus successfully, and Ron faces yet another threat while within the common room…
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- Cho Chang on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- Cho Chang on the Harry Potter Wiki
- J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter fans tear into author following “anti-trans” tweets (Jacob Stolworthy; 7 June 2020)
- Episode 14 of the Chinese Chippy Girl: Katie Leung aka Cho Chang from Harry Potter joins me!!
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
Our Spell of the Week this week is the Golden Snidget, the early version of what would become the Golden Snitch.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to [email protected] correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 3.14, “Snape’s Grudge!” Have a magical day!