It’s Monday, which always brings a new episode of Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book, by two people who know a medium amount about Harry Potter.
In this chapter, Harry makes an unintended detour on his way to Diagon Alley, and he spots Draco and Lucius Malfoy visiting some unsavory shops to unload some unsavory goods. Harry is rescued by Hagrid, who reunites him with the Weasleys. All visit Flourish and Blotts and meet the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, Gilderoy Lockhart.
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- Gildory Lockhart’s published works on the Harry Potter Wiki (spoiler warning for Chamber of Secrets)
- The Wizarding World Currency Exchange on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- Floo Powder on Wizarding World
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- William Burke, an Irish serial killer
- Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar and Titus Andronicus, both of which feature a character named Lucius
- The Hand of Glory on the Harry Potter Wiki
- Flourish on the Oxford English Dictionary
- Roi, the French word for king
Our Spell of the Week (or, in this case, Magical Object of the Week) is Floo Powder, which Harry and the Weasleys to reach Diagon Alley.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to email@example.com correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 2.5, “The Whomping Willow!” Have a magical day!