It’s Monday and Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book, is here to tell you the good news about baby genius Ginny Weasley.
This week sees Harry attempt to rescue Ginny from her fate in the Chamber. There, he encounters the memory ghost of Tom Riddle, who has been controlling Ginny and forcing her to open the Chamber this whole time. Harry must fight the Basilisk and escape with his friends (plus Professor Lockhart).
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- A discussion on long fingers on CoSForums
- “Wild About Harry” interview with Candis Magazine (Jennie Renton; November 2001)
- Chamber of Secrets DVD Interview with Steve Kloves and J.K. Rowling (Lizo Mzimba; February 2003)
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- im14andthisisdeep, a subreddit
- “Finsta,” slang for Fake Instagram
- Lord Voldemort’s middle name on Adventures on the Bookshelf
- Translations of the “I am Lord Voldemort” anagram on the Harry Potter Wiki
- Godric’s sword was practical too on AccioBrain
- The Age of the Weasleys, an essay by Troels Forchhammeron the Harry Potter Lexicon
Our Spell of the Week for this episode is not a spell but a creature: Phoenixes! Joe tells us about all the magical abilities of this special bird.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 2.18, “Dobby’s Reward!” Have a magical day!