This week on Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book, Cassie and Joe stay on topic for their Shakira podcast by discussing Quidditch, broken arms, and the Wagga Wagga Werewolf.
Picking up from the previous chapter, Hermione cons Lockheart into signing a note that allows her to get a book out of the Restricted Section of the library. While the trio makes plans to brew the Polyjuice Potion, Harry is harassed by a bludger in his Quidditch match against Slytherin and lands in the Hospital Wing regrowing bones. There, he has an interesting visitor.
We make a number of references to outside sources, which are listed below:
- Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) by Shakira
- The Polyjuice Potion on Wizarding World
- The Man Who Laughs by Victor Hugo
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare, specifically these three lines
- Poppy Pomfrey on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- House-elves on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- Brownies and Bogles by Louise Imogen Guiney
- Brackium Emendo on the Harry Potter Wiki
- Skele-Gro on the Harry Potter Lexicon
Our Spell of the Week this week is an unnamed Brackium Emendo, which Lockheart uses in the Chamber of Secrets movie to fix Harry’s arm, if by fix you mean remove all the bones within.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to [email protected] correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 2.11, “The Dueling Club!” Have a magical day!