We’re a little late on this one, but we’re finishing off Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone on Podtrificus Totalus this week, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book.
On this episode, we talk about the Power of Love, which Harry uses to save the school (and the wizarding world) from Lord Voldemort. Dumbledore lets slip a few truths, the House Cup is doled out, and our trio returns home for the summer break.
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- Janus, the Roman god of duality
- Professor Quirrell on Pottermore
- The character Iago in Shakespeare’s Othello, particularly this line
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- Into the Pensieve: The Philosophy and Mythology of Harry Potter by Patrick McCauley (Published by Schiffer Publishing in 2015)
- The Incarcerous Spell on the Harry Potter Wiki
- The Rope Bind Trading Card via the Harry Potter Wiki
Our Spell of the Week for this episode is Incarcerous, which Professor Quirrell uses to bind Harry during their final confrontation.
We encourage our listeners to send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, Tumblr, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via iTunes, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Spotify, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe button on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 2.1, “The Worst Birthday!” Have a magical day!