This week on Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book, Cassie and Joe get physical for chapter eleven of Harry Potter and the Philsopher’s Stone, “Quidditch.”
A November chill has hit Hogwarts in this chapter, requiring Hagrid to, for some reason, defrost the school broomsticks while Harry frets over his first Quidditch match as the Gryffindor Seeker. Harry learns the cause of Snape’s apparent limp, then a curse mysteriously befalls his broomstick during the game.
We make a number of references to outside sources and popular culture, which are listed below:
- The Hogwarts Broomshed on the HP Lexicon
- Dean Thomas’s Background from J.K. Rowling’s Official Site
- Dean Thomas’s Original Name from J.K. Rowling’s Twitter
- Midnight Duel Sketch by J.K. Rowling (via the HP Lexicon)
- The Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup video games
- CHAPPiE (2015)
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- Jim Kay illustration of Hermione and her Bluebell Flames from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: Illustrated Edition
- Bluebell Flames on the HP Wiki
- AccioBrain, a Harry Potter Fansite
- Ligers from Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
We encourage our listeners to send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, Tumblr, or by leaving a comment below.
We are available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and more — just search for us on your favorite podcast app or use a direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening, and we’ll see you again for 1.12, “The Mirror of Erised.” Have a magical day!