Today we’re Apparating in with the fourth episode of Podtrificus Totalus, a Harry Potter podcast done chapter by chapter, book by book.
This week we tackle chapter four of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, “The Keeper of the Keys.” Hagrid arrives to rescue Harry from the evil Dursleys and tells him the truth about his past, his parents, and Lord Voldemort in one of the most forward-moving yet mysterious chapters thus far. As we move through the chapters, we grow ever closer to Harry’s arrival at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and deeper in J.K. Rowling’s magical world. We also introduce a new segment on this episode, Spell of the Week, and answer more listener emails.
We make a number of references to outside sources and pop culture in this episode, which are listed below:
- Hagrid’s “beetle-black eyes” on Stack Exchange
- Napoleon Dynamite (briefly)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Muggles on the Harry Potter Wiki
- Scooby Stacks
- Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter by Galadriel Waters (Ed. Astre Mithrandir; Published by Wizarding World Press in 2003)
- Hagar the Horrible by Chris and Dik Browne
- Rubeus Hagrid on the Harry Potter Wiki
- Incendium on the Harry Potter Wiki
We encourage our listeners to send emails to [email protected] correcting us, expanding on something we mentioned, asking questions, and sharing their experiences with the Harry Potter series. You can also interact with us through @podtrificus on Twitter, our Facebook page, Tumblr, or by leaving a comment below.
We are also available on podcast services. You can subscribe to us via iTunes, Google Play, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and more — just search us on your favorite podcast app or use the direct link to our feed. Hit the subscribe buttons on our website to make sure you don’t miss out on new episodes of Podtrificus Totalus.
Thanks for listening and we’ll see you again for 1.05, “Diagon Alley!” Have a magical day!